Handling of personal information
Yamada Translation Bureau, Inc. (YTB) considers that safeguarding your personal information is of prime importance. We comply with “the Act on the Protection of Personal Information” (Kojin Joho Hogo Ho) and with all of the related cabinet orders and ministerial ordinances, guidelines, etc. regarding the handling of personal information.
Use of personal information
YTB only uses the personal information you provide for the following purposes:
• To carry out the work commissioned by our clients and to manage client information.
• To provide information about services for clients.
• To conduct questionnaire surveys in order to improve our service.
• To select, register, manage, and contact outsourcing contractors.
• To arrange translation services, etc. and to undertake procedures for payment of contractors.
• To provide information, contact, and select applicants when recruiting.
• For matters related to management of employees.
• To provide information and to contact former employees (retirees).
Disclosure and provision to third parties
YTB will not disclose or provide your personal information to any third party without your prior consent, except under the circumstances set out below:
• If we outsource handling of personal information to a third party to achieve a specified purpose of use.
• When we confirm settlement of transactions with financial institutions.
• When required by the relevant laws and regulations.
YTB strictly manages your personal information and takes appropriate measures to prevent any loss, leakage, falsification, etc. of personal information. If any such event should occur, YTB will take prompt corrective actions. YTB is also continually making its best efforts to improve the handling of personal information.
Disclosure of personal information
If YTB receives a request for disclosure of personal information from a person or the person’s agent, we will respond to the request without delay except in the following cases. Please do not hesitate to contact us (see “Contact Details” below).
• When the life, physical body, property, or other rights and interests of the person or agent may be harmed.
• When it may seriously interfere with the proper conduct of our business operations.
• When it would violate any of the applicable laws or regulations.
Inquiries and complaints
For inquiries and complaints about handling of your personal information, please contact YTB (see “Contact Details” below).
Yamada Translation Bureau, Inc.
Contact for matters related to personal information